Monday, October 25, 2010

note to self

"A lovely balance between the good and the beautiful."

That's from a book i'm reading..

It's less black and white and more gray.

We don't have to pick one over the other, we have to create our own hybrid--we have to be organized but spontaneous, we have to set an example for our kids but have crazy hilarious, inspiring, bragging-rights stories for them too.

We have to prepare, but we have to live...and i think sometimes the second one is overlooked.


God bless Tyler Sterling. I need to heed to my own counsel. This week I'm going to make a difference in my own life; in attempt to change the world, I'm going to start small. An evolution is what I need, not a fresh start. I know what I know, I like what I like...so this week I'm going to acknowledge what I know, enjoy what I like, and address my concerns, one at a time. I feel empowered. One hour into October 25, and I'm on fire.

I am what I am, no matter the phase.