Sunday, October 24, 2010

gas station bananas

I'm in a phase, to say the least. The fundamentals, of the phase, are traditional...starving college student, awkward social interactions, a sorry attempting at finding a balance between how I want to do things and how I have to do thing...but, I'd like to think that my "single ladies" phase is a bit more...unique? It helps me accept these conditions that much easier; helps me find some individuality among my coupon clipping, midnight-burrito-eating, "I'm expected to graduate in 2 years, 4 years ago," still find time to facebook-stalk, college student piers. I may be one in a million, but no one does it quite like me.

I take naps to the soft sounds of Planet Earth. I take pictures of myself, with my camera phone, every time I get in the car...cause that's safe? I'm the proud owner of P90X, Hip Hop Abs, 10 Minute Abs, and The Bullet Blender; I'm the reason why the late night infomercial trend will never die out. I still enjoy reminiscing the boy band invasion. I don't like wearing pants. I like to spend money most, when I don't have any. My house is haunted. I like to call my Grandma Dolly and take a walk around the neighborhood. I long for someone to sweep me off my feet with spontaneity and charm but won't let anyone. I want to be a journalist, an event coordinator, a personal trainer, a college professor, a baker, an acrobat, AND a psychiatrist; I want to change the world. I steal salsa packets from Taco Time. Some of my greatest moments in Logan have been driving through the canyon, solo, listening to Christmas music. I usually end my wishes with "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." I'm seriously considering a gym membership, JUST so I can have access to Food Network on a regular basis. My best friend has more than one picture of me on the toilet, weekly. I find serious faults in the way people behave and instinctively blame their moms...and celebrate mine; Mom, I want to be just like you. Thanks for teaching me how to be a considerably polite human being, and for teaching me how to fold towels. I like to bowl, mid day, by myself. I like to turn the heater on, and roll down my windows. I like to lip sync -- and I'm really good at it. And I practice...often. I do 20 push ups before I say my prayers. I like to smell food, no matter who's it is and/or how socially unacceptable the practice is. I feel it is well within my rights to address North Carolina as "Carolina." I'm a vegetarian, and I work at a steakhouse. I use 'dude' WAY too much, and am attempting to break the habit. Sometimes, I'm way to stuck in the past. I worry too much about what people think of me, actually...it's less of a worry and more of a curiosity. I've very curious of how/what people think of me and how it compares to my opinions of myself. I've designated the term "wake the fup" as my alarm for my 3 hour naps. I like to think, I like to converse with people who like to think. I can be such a brat. I want to own every Boy Meets World episode ever created; hopefully I surf into that late night infomercial, and hopefully I'm dirt poor -- cause we all know that's the most ideal situation for me to make an investment. I buy gas station bananas, 2-3 times a week, before work; 71 cents and delicious. I miss my sisters. I miss my mom. I miss Mike Mortensen, Laura Wilson, Danielle Freeman, Luke Despain, Greg Winger, Rachel Sonderegger, Nikelle Taylor-New Last Name, Sarah Warren, Neeshy Mantle, Tycee Radford, and hordes of other life-altering influences/best friends from my past. My institute teacher is changing my life. I love mornings. I sometimes wish I were in high school again, more often than not actually. I want longer hair, dimplier dimples, more freckles on my nose, and...more curves. I love daffodils, family traditions, that's what she said jokes, penny candy Wednesdays, and jig saw puzzles. I want to be a pin up girl. I use those Taco Time packets in everything I cook, don't judge me. Add "don't judge me" to the list of sayings/words I overuse. I clean my ears once a day. I can fall asleep anywhere. I am too lenient with the things I should be doing and am too hard on myself about the things I'm not doing, vise versa. I quad dog dare someone to figure out that last sentence. List "quad dog dare" below "don't judge me."I compiled a playlist including Ciara, K.C. and The Sunshine Band, Coldplay, Rick James, Bette Midler, Talking Heads, Black Eyed Peas, and The Smiths. I'm an emotional eater, every weekend. I like the wind in my hair, the color of my hair, and not remembering the last time I washed my hair. I look for opportunities to sleep outside. I like to climb things. Sometimes I'm really quiet. AND I love making lists.